Become A HRFD Firefighter!
HRFD is currently accepting applications to join Harlem-Roscoe Fire as a Volunteer Firefighter.
• Be 18 years old
• Have a high school diploma
• Live within the Harlem-Roscoe Fire Protection District boundaries set by the Board of Trustees within 6 months of the start of the program
• Be in good physical condition
• Complete department's Physical Agility Test
• Do not have a criminal background
• Have sound transportation to respond to stations for all calls in a timely manner.
*Be able to wear department issued PPE includeing breathing protection (SCBA) while successfully completing routine tasks performed by firefighters in hazardous situations.
• Be able to deploy ladders (with and without assistance) and work from heights over 10 feet above ground
• Be able to operate manual and mechanical devices safely, such as (but not limited to) hand tools, ventilation saws, fans, pumps, electric generators and hydraulic tools.
• Assist medical staff on EMS calls
3 WAYS TO APPLYPlease note!!Fill out this application and save it on your computer. Then attach it to an email to .
1. Apply at Fire Sta #1 at 10544 Main St. in Roscoe.
2. Online - Email the completed application. Information below.
3. Fax the completed application to 815-623-8831