The Harlem-Roscoe Fire Department Smoke and CO Detector Home Safety Check program offers a FREE Check-up of your home's smoke and CO detectors. This program is available to all residents of the Harlem-Roscoe Fire Protection District.
- The Harlem-Roscoe Fire Department recommends that you install at least one smoke and CO detector on every level of your home. Be sure that a smoke and CO detector is installed near bedrooms and other sleeping areas in your home.
- When was the last time you tested your smoke alarm? Smoke and CO detectors should be tested at least once a month to reassure certain they are working properly.
- Replace the batteries in your smoke and CO detectors at least once a year. The Harlem-Roscoe Fire Department recommends that you change the batteries twice a year when you change your clocks in the spring and fall.
- Home old is your smoke detector? Is it more than 10 years old? When was the last time you replaced it? If you can't answer any of these questions, it might be a good idea to replace your smoke detector.
- Smoke and CO Detectors save lives, but only if they are installed properly!! Roughly two thirds of fire deaths, occur in homes with no smoke alarms or non working smoke alarms.
We are on a mission... To make sure your family is protected!
For more information call Harlem-Roscoe Fire Department at 815-623-7867